One pass with the BCS Bed Shaper can form a raised bed approximately 3″ high and 30″ wide. With two disc hillers, clamps and a drag chain fastened to a 1 meter (39.37″) straight bar, the Bed Shaper efficiently creates raised beds in tilled soil that are uniform in both size and shape.
The adjustable disc hillers can be placed in a variety of positions on the straight bar, allowing a maximum bed height of about 6″ when the hillers are turned inward and set closer than 30″. When repositioned and turned outward, the discs can hill plants or create planting furrows. And unlike other Bed Shapers, our exclusive BCS heavy-duty clamps have serrated locking teeth that prevent the disc shanks from rotating, even in hard soil.
Using the required Tool Carrier Kit, the carrier mounts to the tractor’s PTO, allowing the carrier to accommodate a wide range of other tools such as a V-cultivator or a root digger.
In addition, consider purchasing wheel extensions that place wheels between the beds and thus eliminate soil compaction and tire tracks on the beds themselves. A 30″ bed requires 22”-wheel extensions (or a set of 5.5″ and a 16″ extensions).
Also, depending on soil conditions, you may need additional weight on the wheels for traction.
The BCS Bed Shaper is compatible with models 732 and up. Minimum wheel size is 5″ x 10″ x 19″.
- Bed Shaper comes as a kit that includes two disc hillers, exclusive heavy-duty clamps, chain, and 1-meter bar
- Disc hillers and 1-meter bar can be purchased separately
- Tool Carrier Kit (purchased separately) required to mount to BSC tractor
- Width on drag chain is adjustable and secured via hook on each disc
- Bed Shaper allows for maximum bed height of 6″
- Wheel extensions recommended
|Bed shaper kit, with straight bar