As versatile and convenient as a Swiss army knife, BCS’s exclusive Precision Depth Roller (PDR) — now available in both 26″ and 30″ models — gives you the functions of deep tillage and final bed prep in one easy-to-use tool.
Use it to easily transform the BCS 26″ or 30″ tiller into a versatile hybrid attachment that combines the final bed preparation and cultivating advantages of a power harrow with the vegetation-chopping and groundbreaking features of a tiller. Both PDR models come pre-assembled on a new 26″ or 30″ tiller or can be purchased separately to be installed on your existing 26″or 30″ tiller.
The PDR is a full-length precision roller that allows you to set the depth of the penetration of the tines to precisely where you want it — from a minimum of 0.5″ to a maximum of 7″ — using the quick-change depth control lever without removing the PDR. There are 17 depth settings in all set in 0.5″ increments — plus a convenient transport setting for moving between garden beds.
Whether you’re preparing final beds, cultivating new ground, power composting or burying seeds, this PDR can do it all.
- For final bed preparation, the PDR mixes soil amendments at a shallow depth of 0.5″ to 2″ and loosens the soil while gently compacting the top layer for mechanical seeders and better seed germination.
- When cultivating, the PDR allows you to maintain a shallow depth and thus eliminate emerging weeds and create a dirt mulch without bringing dormant weed seeds to the surface.
- To power compost cover crops and plant residues and break new ground, simply raise the PDR to its highest setting to allow the tines to till to a deeper depth.
- And this versatile PDR even makes burying cover crop seeds in an even row fast and easy.
To ensure no soil spills outside the width of the tiller hood when establishing new beds, the PDR features alternative outside tine holders for the tiller so that all outside tines are turned inward.
- Two tools in one: a tiller for new seedbeds and a power harrow for minimal soil impact
- Allows precise tine depth adjustments from 0.5″ to 7″ without removing the PDR
- Total of 17 depth settings in 0.5″ increments
- Creates a ready-to-plant seedbed by gently compacting the soil surface
- Preserves soil structure while preventing hard pan
- Weighs just 38 pounds without the tiller
- Constructed of 3/16″ steel with lightening holes to reduce weight
|Retail Price||Sale Price|
|26-inch precision depth roller only||$830.00||$810.00|
|30-inch precision depth roller||$915.00||$895.00|